Reports to: Vice President Marketing, PCNA
Polyconcept North America (PCNA), a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's leading promotional products supplier Polyconcept, operates Leed's, Bullet, JournalBooks and Trimark, four of the most successful brands in North America. The Polyconcept North America companies provide recognized best-in-class services to the industry, ensuring the highest standards of reliability and quality. Highly complementary product ranges enable Polyconcept North America companies to provide the market with a very comprehensive assortment of products across all major product categories. Further information is available at www.pcna.com.
Trimark Sportswear Group is a five-time award winner as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and is a leading producer of logo apparel in Canada. We are an energetic, family-oriented organization who has won numerous industry awards and has one of Canada's Top 40 Under 40 recipients on our executive team.
The hands-on Creative Director is responsible for driving and managing the overall graphic direction of the PCNA brands. Specifically, this position will be involved in supporting many marketing initiatives including product launches, e-mail blasts, service brand marketing, website development/maintenance, trade show booth design and flyers for the PCNA brands. The Creative Director must demonstrate superior graphic design skills that can effectively apply the established PCNA brand and style to a variety of mediums. The creative director guides all projects and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the creative department. They are responsible for leading their team, developing creative guidelines and directing creative work. The role requires a conceptual design and branding expert with strong project management skills. They will also possess the ability to manage a fast paced, high volume workload, but in a fun environment. The Creative Director will work with copywriters, graphic designers, web designers, brand managers, and other marketers in the team on a daily basis.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide senior-level design perspective to all marketing projects, by participating in department meetings, assisting in design development with external vendors and aiding the department in creative direction to elevate overall design quality of the PCNA brands.
- Overall creative and graphic design management - managing the complete creative process from concept to completion.
- Lead and direct the creative team in the production of all marketing collateral - reviewing work, troubleshooting issues and providing feedback to creative teams.
- Manage and coordinate the workflow to ensure timely delivery of all design projects within the PCNA Marketing team.
- Oversee design and execution of all branding elements, ensuring consistency and quality across all brands and mediums.
- Ensure that visual communication and brand standards are met.
- Ideate, develop and execute campaign creative that ranges from social media campaigns to exhibit design.
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Guide, coach and train members of the design team, administering performance reviews, interviewing and onboarding new employees, and evaluating outside vendors and freelancers.
- Design new ways to communicate the PCNA shared services marketing messages through innovative electronic marketing vehicles.
- Assist in directing the graphic development of the PCNA websites.
Skills And knowledge:
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional graphic design work experience required
- 3-5 years of supervisory or project management experience preferred
- Strong project management skills
- High level of creativity, with a dynamic personality and a strong desire for continuous improvement
- An strong understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines
- High degree of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in digital photography and image outlining
- Familiarity with web and electronic design; knowledge in Flash or Dreamweaver and HTML a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under the pressures of strict deadlines
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Portfolio/samples required - samples will be returned
- Travel is required in order to spend time in both Pittsburgh and Toronto offices
Education And Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, or a similar program of study, required
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posting closes March 09, 2018