Department: Product Development / Compliance
Reports to: Director of Global Product Development & Sourcing
Polyconcept North America (PCNA), a wholly owned subsidiary of the world's leading promotional products supplier Polyconcept, operates Leed's, Bullet, JournalBooks and Trimark, four of the most successful brands in North America. The Polyconcept North America companies provide recognized best- inČ-class services to the industry, ensuring the highest standards of reliability and quality. Highly complementary product ranges enable Polyconcept North America companies to provide the market with a very comprehensive assortment of products across all major product categories. Further information is available at www.pcna.com.
Trimark Sportswear Group is a five-time award winner as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies and is a leading producer of logo apparel in Canada. We are an energetic, family-oriented organization who has won numerous industry awards and has one of Canada's Top 40 Under 40 recipients on our executive team.
The QA/Compliance Specialist is responsible for the ongoing inspection of products at all stages of the manufacturing process to ensure that PCNA quality and Compliance standards are met. The individual will follow performance standards and procedures in order to meet QA department and PCNA business requirements. Must be capable of multi-tasking while working in a team environment to perform tasks cross functionally.
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for testing and evaluation. Coordinate and communicate with Director of Global Product Development & Sourcing on setting standards for new seasons.
- Manage testing process of fabrics and sundries with third party, this includes and not limited to: shipping test yardage, reviewing all testing reports/results upon receipt, filling out tests results and communicate to in house and overseas (GBS) teams all necessary information to ensure seamless process.
- Manage tech claim testing process and follow-up as required and outlined seasonally inclusive of testing standard initiatives. This includes and not limited to: test quotations, testing outline & planning timeline, shipping/receiving of testing product, reviewing and documentation of testing reports/results upon receipt including all file management and organization.
- Collaborate with Global Polyconcept Compliance and QA teams (US/Europe) regarding apparel related standards & follow up on all issues.
- Responsible for issuing noncompliant reports and ensuring complete follow-up of rejection process; file claims in GIP for penalty/deduction from vendors if applicable as directed.
- Monitor Compliance mailbox to ensure all related questions are reviewed and provide assistance to resolve. Respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or support internal/external team members across the organization as directed.
- Evaluate, review and monitor new and existing vendor Quality & Social Compliance to ensure all standards meet company requirement.
- Manage and maintain all test reports including North American & European requirements to ensure products meet both company & country/regional compliance rules and safety standards.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Polyconcept Supplier Manual; including all revision update communication to both internal and external teams.
- Recommend, implement and monitor Compliance strategies in conjunction with US/Europe Compliance teams. This includes program follow up and monitoring programs, projects and activities ensuring regulatory/legal compliance.
- Inspect Pre-shipment/Bulk Sample/Shipment of fabric and sundries, analyzing and comparing standards. Responsible to communicate results with appropriate departments to ensure all product and or raw materials and sundries meet PCNA quality standards.
- Manage in-house testing on finished garments as required, evaluate results and approve product conformity to established quality standards. Co-ordinate in-house tests at GBS overseas office or 3rd party labs; analyze results, compare and confirm on lab tests and inspection reports
- Manage random in-house quality inspections on shipments at receiving.
- Inspect and evaluate reasons for returns and communicate accordingly; including file support maintenance and tracking of issues.
- Manage quality database of Product Master Files, Approvals Log, organization and maintenance of Production QC Samples Collection, ensuring all are correct and up-to-date.
- Create & maintain GCC (General Conformity Certificate) to be updated and accurate as required.
- Monitor QC Team mailbox and co-ordinate with Customer Service & Sales on returns caused by product nonconformance. Work closely with related parties to reduce returns and improve returns process.
- Inspect quality reason returns and support Returns & Sales to evaluate customer complaint validity.
- Issue formal inspection and quality performance reports as required.
- Monitor QC activities including overseeing timeline accountability of Quality Control team
- Collaborate with Europe/US/Asia QC teams to improve quality of products and knowledge
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a textiles/apparel manufacturing industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage competing urgencies and shift priorities.
- Energetic, organized with effective time management skills
- High level of self-motivation and creative problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including MS office, specifically Excel
- Strong color principle and depiction; analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Posting closes May 26, 2017